Latest Windows 10 update issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avi Harel

Dear All,
I have installed the latest Windows 10 update
and now my teensy is not recognized !
the led flickered once and then seemed to shut down completely...
anyone else with this problem ?
Thanks, Avi

Which version do you have?

In Windows, click Settings > System > About and scroll down. My Windows 10 machine says version 1803 and OS build 17134.254.

In Arduino, click Help > About. The Arduino and Teensyduino versions are show at the top of the About screen.

My Windows 10 updates frequently (because I am on the Insider Preview, Fast Ring) i.e. beta software.

Arduino: 1.8.5
Teensyduino: 1.4.3 release version
Windows: 10 Pro
Windows version: 1809
Windows build: 17755.1

Last update was 9 Sept 2018 and Arduino+Teensyduino still worked correctly (Teensy 3.2 and 3.6).

Which version do you have?

In Windows, click Settings > System > About and scroll down. My Windows 10 machine says version 1803 and OS build 17134.254.

In Arduino, click Help > About. The Arduino and Teensyduino versions are show at the top of the About screen.

Thanks for the quick reply Paul,

Mine says : Version 1803 OS build 17134.285

Teensyduino 1.38-beta2
Arduino 1.8.2

For what it is worth, my system just updated itself to 285 as well. I was about to report I was on an older version, but noticed my system had changed the shutdown and restart menus to say update and...

After the restart, now 285.

I then plugged in a T3.6 which was still recognized and I was able to program it using Arduino 1.87 with Teensyduino 144 beta2.

So you might try installing the more updated Arduino and Teensyduino and see if that works.

My Win 10 machine was the prior .256 now yesterday's newest .285 and no issues with IDE 1.8.6 and TD_1.43 or 1.44b1

Also Paul: Teensy.exe on Windows open and active at 0% CPU on Windows 10, and JAVA IDE idles under at max 1.1% or under - with 7 sketches open

Teensyduino 1.38-beta2
Arduino 1.8.2

These are very old. Teensyduino 1.42 brought huge improvements with how Teensy boards are detected and shown in Arduino's Tools > Ports menu. 1.44-beta1 made even more improvement, but only improved speed and responsiveness in the menu.

I highly recommend updating Arduino to 1.8.7 and then install the latest Teensyduino.

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/53728-Teensyduino-1-44-Beta-2

FWIW, I'm running Windows Update right now. But I'm not going to test old versions of the software. Will test with the latest when it's done updating.

Windows Update finished. Now I'm at 285.

Ran Arduino 1.8.7 with Teensyduino 1.44-beta2. Uploaded the WAV player example to a Teensy 3.6. Everything seems to be working fine. Here's a screenshot.

capture.png

Something you might notice in this screenshot is the Ports menu now (since 1.42) has a section specific to Teensy. If your Teensy is running a non-Serial program, it will still properly display in this area. The normal Serial part only detects Teensy when it's running USB Serial code.

Windows Update finished. Now I'm at 285.

Ran Arduino 1.8.7 with Teensyduino 1.44-beta2. Uploaded the WAV player example to a Teensy 3.6. Everything seems to be working fine. Here's a screenshot.

View attachment 14728

Something you might notice in this screenshot is the Ports menu now (since 1.42) has a section specific to Teensy. If your Teensy is running a non-Serial program, it will still properly display in this area. The normal Serial part only detects Teensy when it's running USB Serial code.

I updated to Teensyduino 1.43 and Arduino 1.8.6
and everything's working properly...Thanks to all !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back