Send mouse clicks from a second pc to my pc - Teensy 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you already try out to solve the problem? We always try to help people here in the forums, but most probably nobody wants to do the whole engineering work and coding for you.

As you have for sure already analyzed, you will have to write software for the 1st PC which grabs the mouse actions and sends them to the Teensy over USB/Serial. The second step is writing code for the Teensy which decodes the incoming mouse messages, translates these and sends them again out to the second PC.

Last edited:
I discovered Teensy a couple of days ago and I am not fully sure how does it work but I did figure I would need to do something like that. I am just wondering how would I connect the teensy to be able to recieve commands from the first pc and also send the input to the second pc.

it all depends on the “input” app. do you plan to use a terminal to send commands to the other teensy which runs code on other PC?

Ok.... so you want terminal on one pc to talk to terminal on other PC?

if this is correct you just need to connect the UART lines between both teensies and pass their data inputs over to USBserial

Well yeah one PC has the terminal and should send commands for teensy to have mouse input onto the other PC. How would I connect the UART lines? I still have only 1 teensy so I have to order one more, but just want some information until it arrives.

what kind of mouse commands, moving the cursor using absolute positioning or just clicking at a specific location?

you can do this with one teensy you dont need both (if you have a 3.3v TTL uart adaptor).

teensy would be connected to the pc you want to control and the uart adaptor at the PC running terminal app

first you need to decide how you want the mouse to do what you want, you can do this on the same PC when testing teensy, you can add the uart adaptor/teensy to it when you got it running right

I just need a mouse click at the center of the screen ( Doesn't matter where it clicks ). I already made it to work on the same PC, I just need to transfer it over to send the commands from the other PC. I will check out if I can buy the adaptor somewhere.

yes so you only need one teensy and either or another teensy OR uart adaptor (3.3V TTL)

the clicking can be done when you send keystrokes from the terminal app easily

So I should do Terminal PC --> TTL adaptor --> Teensy --> Recieving PC? I see some of these adaptors on aliexpress etc for a couple of bucks. Would those be fine?

It can also be keyboard pressess or mouse clicks since I optimized the thing I want to do to be able to do it both ways. So that part should be easy. Just gotta get the adaptor and try it. Do you know if there are any big delays between sending the keystroke and the teensy executing it? I need it to be under like 10 ms.

yeah they work, some have dual 3.3v/5v switchable jumpers, be careful and make sure you use 3.3V only jumper if it has one or risk damage to teensy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back