not sure how to use DAC ( not PWM ) T3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

gony

hello
from my understanding , analogwrite() is using PWM pins so it's an analog emulator . i also found guidelines for using low pass filter that will turn the PWM signal to an actuall analog - but it comes with delays and noise that i seek to refrain from .

am i missing an actual analog output pin that receives a value and produces a spectrum of voltages between 0 and 3.3V ?

thanks

the link you put shows exactly what i want , but it is a feature of T3.2 and i am talking about T3.6 . is it the same for the 3.6 version ?

i got a bit confused , you say i'm right but show me that it is an option - how should i proceed ?

the link you put shows exactly what i want , but it is a feature of T3.2 and i am talking about T3.6 . is it the same for the 3.6 version ?

i got a bit confused , you say i'm right but show me that it is an option - how should i proceed ?

The Teensy 3.5 and 3.6 have two DAC pins so you can do stereo effects, but they are on different pins (assume the USB connector is pointing up for the directions):
  • On the Teensy LC, the single DAC is on A12 and the position of the DAC is the second pin on the right side of the back 7 pins;
  • On the Teensy 3.1 and 3.2, the single DAC is on A14 and the position of the DAC is the second pin on the right side of the back 7 pins;
  • On the Teensy 3.5 and 3.6, the two DACs are on A21 and A22 and the position of the pins are pin #16, 17 on the right side.

Studying the reference cards which come with the Teensy 3.5 and 3.6 should have shown you that these have even 2 of these DACs, and the Teensyduino core files allow you (naturally) to access these with analogWrite(A21) and analogWrite(A22) instead of analogWrite(A14) for the Teensy 3.1 and 3.2.

For more details, you might look at the Teensy 3.6 reference manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back