How to uninstall teensyduino on Linux arm on Raspberry Pi3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisM

Hi,

I installed Arduino IDE 1.6.13 and Teensyduino 1.32 on my Raspberry Pi 3. (It has to be those versions for ROS to work on it).

I get 'error compiling for board Teensy 3.2 / 3.1'

I'd like to reinstall everything but whenever I reinstall Arduino IDE, Teensyduino is already included in it.

The easiest thing to do, is to delete the folder that you have installed Arduino in it and then reinstall. Teensyduino installs into your Arduino install directory you selected at install....

Alternatively simply install a fresh copy of Arduino into a new folder. I often keep multiple versions of Arduino installed, like my PC has 1.8.5 1.8.6 1.8.7 and maybe a few others. Each of these have different versions of Teensyduino installed.

Also not sure what error you are getting, without knowing the source file and the error messages...

I've succeeded in uninstalling and reinstalling it. I just needed to delete the arduino folders like you said.

However, this hasn't solved the issue. I can't compile any sketches on it. (they work fine on the laptop).

I'm using older versions since the latest one wouldn't work with rosserial. I'll try with a more recent version of the Arduino IDE and see if it works.

I can't remember specifically, it just didn't work with Arduino IDE 1.8.7. According to forums some people have got versions 1.8.5 and 1.8.4 to work with ros. I got rosserial to work with arduino IDE 1.6.13 and an Arduino Uno, it's using it with the Teensy 3.2 that is the issue.

Please give us a link to the code that doesn't work with newer versions. I want to try it here, so please help me with specific info about exactly which example or program I should open in Arduino and click Verify to see the problem.

With this too...

However, this hasn't solved the issue. I can't compile any sketches on it. (they work fine on the laptop).

We need you to give very specific info. Copy and paste the exact error. Or make a screenshot. Or if it's difficult to do those with the way you're using Raspberry Pi, then take a picture with your phone/camera and post this.

Sometimes we can help with only the error message. Other times, we need to see the actual code, and if any libs are used we need to know exactly which ones. Imagine *you* are reading the message and you will try to recreate the error. Put all the info into your message than anyone reading would need to copy into Arduino on their computer and click Verify to get the same error.

I can't remember specifically, it just didn't work with Arduino IDE 1.8.7. According to forums some people have got versions 1.8.5 and 1.8.4 to work with ros. I got rosserial to work with arduino IDE 1.6.13 and an Arduino Uno, it's using it with the Teensy 3.2 that is the issue.

What does not work? Hard to debug when not knowing exactly what you are doing or what is not working? Not compiling? Not linking? Does not run correct?

You pointed to RosSerial. Are you trying to build the Arduino code? What Arduino code? What libraries does it depend on? Do you have the required libraries on your RPI?

Again hard to know without knowing the setup and the errors.

This is the rosserial package: http://wiki.ros.org/rosserial

I see many links on that page, but none appear to be for a download of any library. If I click "rosserial_arduino" I get another page without any download, but there's a link to https://github.com/ros-drivers/rosserial.git.

Even that github repository does not appear to be an Arduino library. It has a folder named "rosserial_arduino", which also doesn't seem to be a library for Arduino. I see a "src folder. Inside that folder are 2 more. One is Python code. The other looks maybe like code that might be used with Arduino, but it's nothing like a normal Arduino library (eg, with a library.properties file). I see a file ros.h which might be part of the library. But it includes "ros/node_handle.h" which doesn't appears to be in this folder or anywhere close by.

By this point, I've strayed *many* mouse clicks & links away from the page you gave... looking for the library you said doesn't work, but I still can't see to find the code in question.

Maybe you could be more specific about exactly which code I should download and install and what example I should open in Arduino, all so that I can click "Verify" in Arduino and see the actual error (all so I can help you resolve this problem....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back