Flashing Teensy over CANBUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

yandreev3

Hey everyone,

I have a few projects that I have been working on and they're modules that connect over canbus. I was wondering how feasible it is to somehow flash them over said bus. Some of these modules are very inaccessible and whenever I want to update them, it ends up being a major pain.

I'd love to hear any opinions/ideas/facts about this and/or what I can do to achieve this. My thought was add CAN support to the bootloader but I believe that the bootloader isn't open?

Thanks!

You need to add a SPI-Flash or SD-Card to Your teensy. In Your Sketch You define a can-protocol to transfer a file to the SPI-Flash or SD-Card. Then You can check a signature after reboot. If the signature is found Your program transfers the contents of the SPI or SD-Card to the teensy Flash...…

You can use the teensy bootloader only for flashing over USB. There are some libraries for self-flashing the teensy around (Photosynq et al). If You have only a Sketch that is smaller than the half of the inbuilt Flash you can avoid the external Flash. But You have to include that flashing Code in Your Sketch and after reboot your Sketch has to check if there is a new update around and Transfer it. You have to include the self-flashing Code in all your Sketches....

I see. Do you have a link to any libraries that you can help me out with? From what I can find, the closes thing is something called uTasker?

Thanks for carrying me along here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back