Teensy 3.6 rtc question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bps

I'm just getting started with a 3.6. According to the product description, there is a connection for a rtc battery. I bought a battery holder from PRJC. Is it a simple matter of wiring the + to vBat and the ground to GND? Do I need a crystal and, if I do, where does it go? Assuming that I get this hooked up properly, how do I read the rtc? Do I use an Adafruit library (1307? some other one?)?

Teensy 3.5 and 3.6 have the RTC crystal built in, so all you need to do is add the battery.

In fact, you can even use the RTC without the battery, but it will lose track of the date/time if you remove power for more than a couple seconds.

Is it a simple matter of wiring the + to vBat and the ground to GND?

Yep, that's it.

Use a 3V coin cell. CR2032 is the most common type.

I bought a battery holder from PRJC.

Really? We don't normally sell any battery holders or batteries.

Teensy 3.5 and 3.6 have the RTC crystal built in, so all you need to do is add the battery.

In fact, you can even use the RTC without the battery, but it will lose track of the date/time if you remove power for more than a couple seconds.

Yep, that's it.

Use a 3V coin cell. CR2032 is the most common type.

Really? We don't normally sell any battery holders or batteries.

It was a while ago. At least I think I got it from you. How do I program with it? Do you have a library?

In Arduino, first make sure your Teensy is selected in Tools > Boards. Then click File > Examples > Time > TimeTeensy3 to get started.

Hi Paul,
I'm designing a product based on T3.6 and using the real time clock with CR2032 battery. Do you know how long the CR2032 battery will last to support the real time clock?

I have done my first production batch of 20 units and the next production batch I'm preparing is for 150 units. Someone mention to me that I can provide in circuit charging for the RTC battery. I do need to change the PCB a little so I might need to be able to include some kind of charging for the RTC battery, if feasable. Do you have any experience with that?
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back