Help identify damaged parts on Audio Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDbassed

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I damaged my audio shield. I may have the replacement parts at work. Found the data sheet and tried to narrow it down to the parts I need, but I'm confused. Not sure if they are resistors or capacitors. Can anyone please confirm the parts I damaged (circled in blue). I'd appreciate if anyone has the time to look into this.

Thanks in advance,
SDbassed

teensy.PNGSCAN0001.jpg

Those are both 0.1 uF capacitors. Neither is really critical, so your best option might be the just leave them off.

The one near the top of the board is connected to pin 15. It does nothing unless you connect the pot and use analogRead(A1).

The one near the bottom is a power supply decoupling capacitor. It's meant to be as close as possible to the optional memory chip. If you haven't added that chip, it's really not important.

Thanks Paul! looks like I also lifted the trace on pin 7. All good now. Thanks for the reply and thanks for the boards. I'm a music major turned manufacturer. Your boards allow me to connect the dots.

I'm getting ready for the San Diego Makers Fair. I'll have one more project to show off now!

Thanks again,
SDbassed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back