Help needed with third par applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

urbanspaceman

Hi!
I'm try to running my personal Collidoscope (www.collidoscope.io)
At this address you can find all the material (is an open source project), basically is a teensy that read some sensor and send midi data to a raspberry via Midi over usb.

I have the latest raspberry, the teensy++ but i also made some test with teensy 3.6 and everything works except the Pitch Bend Message.
As you can see in the Collidoscope documentation, the pitchbend value are mapped from 0 to 149.

If i connect the teensy to a midi monitor, i can read the correct values.

today something strange happened, I replaced the teensy 3.6 with the teensy ++ (that was programmed on windows by a friend of mine using the original sketch ...new.ino)

We connected everything and for a short time it (more or less) worked!
Then I tried to load the sketch on teensy ++ from the mac and stopped working.
I am in touch with the student who made the application 2 years ago, he also does not know why the pitchbend doesn't work properly.

I do not know which way to turn, do you have any suggestions?
There are also sources of the raspberry application
Thank you in advance for the support

This is sounding like a 8 bit vs 32 bit issue possibly with a mistep in 14 bit vs 0-149. First step may be to just check the variable declarations for things involved in pitchblend being int https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/language/variables/data-types/int/ and see if it works redefined as int16_t

Normally things just work moving into the 32 bit world bit if code is trying to exploit roll over or other 8 bit performance tricks the 32 bit memory space in a Teensy 3.x will just soak them up. If there is some real magic going on you may have to locate it and manually rebuild it to be slower but not dependent on a specific chips behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back