How to connect Teensy 3.2 with Rx TGY-IA6C for flight simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Teensy community,

I recently bought a teensy 3.2 board without pins, in order to connect wirelessly my Tx Turnigy Evolution and Rx TGY-IA6C with my flight simulator Velocidrone on PC Windows 10.
I do not know how to connect/wire the Rx with the teensy board (see picture attached), can someone help me ?
I have a poor electronic knowledge, maybe this is obvious to many of you. Apologies upfront if this is the case.

Many thanks in advance !

Florian (Belgium)

Capture.jpg

Hi Teensy community,

I recently bought a teensy 3.2 board without pins, in order to connect wirelessly my Tx Turnigy Evolution and Rx TGY-IA6C with my flight simulator Velocidrone on PC Windows 10.
I do not know how to connect/wire the Rx with the teensy board (see picture attached), can someone help me ?
I have a poor electronic knowledge, maybe this is obvious to many of you. Apologies upfront if this is the case.

Many thanks in advance !

Florian (Belgium)

View attachment 14863

i was curious, so looking at the spec for the receiver it says Output data: PPM, i.BUS, S.BUS

i would search for "arduino ppm remote control" or the other keywords "arduino ibus remote control" and look for some clues on the protocols.

the actual pin choices will be made after you have worked out which of those protocols is easiest and best documented.

Thank you rjp,
The connection would have to be sbus.
Here's in attachment the zip provided by the flight simulator Velocidrone, with the sbus hex file.
I have already been able to flash the teensy with this .hex
The teensy is recognized as a game controller by Windows.
The only remaining thing is to connect the teensy and the Rx :)

Attachments

• teensy-files.zip
    130.1 KB · Views: 309
Thank you rjp,
The connection would have to be sbus.
Here's in attachment the zip provided by the flight simulator Velocidrone, with the sbus hex file.
I have already been able to flash the teensy with this .hex
The teensy is recognized as a game controller by Windows.
The only remaining thing is to connect the teensy and the Rx :)

unfortunately the information is trapped inside that HEX file.

you would need either the source code or some information from the Author to know which pins he used for his code.

The pdf file in the zip from above shows Teensy 3.3V to RX VCC. I guess the creator of Velocidrone tested it and it works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back