USB Port Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince.cimo

Hey guys! I've been using the Teensy 3.5 and LC board for a number of prototypes and have had issues with the surface mount usb connector breaking off on a few boards. It seems like with pretty minimal force, after 100 or so plug ins that connector will just shear off super easily. I'm thinking about doing a low-volume production run of a pedal I've invented, but am considering porting everything over to a custom firmware solution and using a USB-B connector since they seems to be more robust. Are there any good examples of anyone moving the Teensy bones to a board with USB-B or is there a good way to re-route the teensy usb communication to a different connector using the pinouts on the Teensy-LC?

For sure, but for a professional product, having that kind of thing on the board is kind of....well, unprofessional.

Don't you use a housing? You can't see that cable...
Well, without housing, it's.. well, unprofessional.

Haha yeah I get it, I guess I'm just of the OCD mentality where I like the studs behind the drywall to all be perfectly level. If I buy a product, I like to know that I can open it up and all of the internal circuitry is designed to be efficient and work together. Additionally, adding that cable adds another $5 of cost to every board, which is significant for the price point of my product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back