Weird Driver/Port Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

WS2812B

I am currently testing some stuff for a project and I just wanted to let a Teensy 3.2 write ADC Values to my Computer via USB which did not work out at all.
I can upload code and after uploading does the Teensy 3.2 behave correctly but I just cannot read anything on the Serial monitor. One thing I noticed was that in the Port selection of the Arduino IDE only Port COM1 is present but this one is always present on my Computer.
Something in the Device Manager looks weird as well:
Unbenannt.PNG

This code does not produce any output on the Serial monitor:
Unbenannt.PNG
Code:
void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600); // USB is always 12 Mbit/sec
}

void loop()
{
  Serial.println("Hello World...");
  delay(1000);  // do not print too fast!
}
I set the baud rate to 9600 on the Serial Monitor and also ran the Teensyduino Installer again. The Installer said that the drivers are already installed and no installation of them should be needed.

EDIT: I did everything in the troubleshoot guide.

EDIT2: Kind of weird/embarrassing... I deinstalled the Teensy in the device manager and reconnected it and now it works. Was not that obvious to me. I am sorry for posting this since I was able to solve it by myself but hopefully this Thread will help others that might have the same problem in the future.

Last edited:
Maybe you have an old version of Teensyduino? Click Help > About to check.

Starting with version 1.42, the Ports menu was greatly improved to be able to show Teensy even in the cases were drivers are messed up.

Maybe you have an old version of Teensyduino? Click Help > About to check.

Starting with version 1.42, the Ports menu was greatly improved to be able to show Teensy even in the cases were drivers are messed up.

Actually not, The problem occured while I was using version 1.44 but in the end it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back