Teensy LC dead after blink upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

claustro

Received my Teensy LC ( firs time I walways used arduino before)
I followed this steps.
After upload I make it rebot and after that the board is totally dead.
No led blink
No found by windows.
I uploaded this file blink_fast_Teensy2.hex is this the problem?
I fried something?
I measure 5v and 3 volts dedicated pins
Changed usb cwith no luck
I would like to understand :-(
thank you
Andrea

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your answer.
I already tryed this procedure but without luck.
I can't understand how I could brick /broke the board only uploading a sketch.
Is it possible that the blink sketch was intended for a teensy 2 and not compatible with teensy lc?

tried also this step
Restart computer.
Compile not upload the blink.ino example in Arduino, the Teensy loader should be open after this ready to program the blink program.
Unplug the USB cable from PC, leave it plugged into the LC.
Hold the program button down on the LC and plug usb back into the pc.
Once the usb is plugged in release programming button in LC, should upload the blink code.

the board is brand new, not connected to devices, took from the bag and tested with blink code.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your answer.
I already tryed this procedure but without luck.
I can't understand how I could brick /broke the board only uploading a sketch.
Is it possible that the blink sketch was intended for a teensy 2 and not compatible with teensy lc?

tried also this step
Restart computer.
Compile not upload the blink.ino example in Arduino, the Teensy loader should be open after this ready to program the blink program.
Unplug the USB cable from PC, leave it plugged into the LC.
Hold the program button down on the LC and plug usb back into the pc.
Once the usb is plugged in release programming button in LC, should upload the blink code.

the board is brand new, not connected to devices, took from the bag and tested with blink code.

Windows, Linux, MAC?
if windows what does device manager do when plugging in Teensy?
after verify, did Teensy loader show up (you say should but not if it did) ?
How is Arduino tools configured? (6 lines after WiFi101 firmware updater entry)?

Windows, Linux, MAC?
if windows what does device manager do when plugging in Teensy?
after verify, did Teensy loader show up (you say should but not if it did) ?
How is Arduino tools configured? (6 lines after WiFi101 firmware updater entry)?

Device manager don't see the board when connected . Totally dead.
this is what I did.

Took the board out of the box.
Followed this tutorial and installed teensyduino on arduino 1,8,5
Connected teensy to pc ( windows 10) correctly recognized by windows , led started blinking
Loaded my sketch in arduine ide https://cdn.instructables.com/ORIG/FCJ/GJET/JE4KM2YL/FCJGJETJE4KM2YL.ino
compiled but had error for missing joystick libraries
Downloaded and installed libraries
Compiled another time
Error when uploading to the board I don't remember the exact error
I checked that teensy and correct port , I selected . board teensy usb type serial port the only one present.
tried another time , no success.
Led still blinking on the board.
Started from scratch

followed this tutorial
https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/loader.html
clicked teensy.exe
loaded blink_fast_Teensy2.hex
pushed button on the board.
Rebooted
after that the led switched off and the board was dead

Thank you very much for your time.
I am thinking the board gone dead , even if I can't understand how could be possible kill it uploading the wrong blink file.
the board isn't see by windows and following your advice , plug in while the buttion is pressed doesn't change it.

Damn how I could be such dumb!!
thx
Andrea

Thank you very much for your time.
I am thinking the board gone dead , even if I can't understand how could be possible kill it uploading the wrong blink file.
the board isn't see by windows and following your advice , plug in while the buttion is pressed doesn't change it.

Damn how I could be such dumb!!
thx
Andrea

The teensy is most likely not bad.
very likely the Win dev manager is screwed up.

disconnect teensy
open device manager, under view: show hidden devices, under ports delete all serial ports
open clock or get stopwatch
press button un plug in teensy, hold button exactly 15 seconds (between 13 and 15 seconds) and release button.

check in Win not only Port but also Human Interface Devices and tell us what you see

I'll make what you are suggest me as soon as will be at home, meanwhile I checked in another PC win10 based but the board isn' t discovered.

My best guess is something got physically damaged in some unexpected way that's not obvious.

But the reality is, without getting the board here on my workbench, not much I can do.

I have asked Robin to contact you about a replacement. She'll need to know which distributor.

Besides of all, it was perhaps a bad idea, though, to upload code written for an 8bit AVR CPU into a 32bit ARM processor. I mean that thoroughly and systematically studying the available documentation instead of acting hastily might be a good suggestion in general for the future... ;)

You are right, I made a mistake choosing the wrong file but maybe I am missing something , I uploaded an teensy2 code to teensy lc so both arm processors.

Ok I tried at home what suggested and nothing happened , I tried on 3 pc windows based and all behave the same. No device appear in COM /LPT panel or HID devices.
I can send it back at my expenses if it will help to solve the clue, I am quite scared to buy another board without knowing what went wrong.

I received answer from the italian reseller " Paul Stroffregen is the teensy creator , nobody can help more then him "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back