Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recommendation for piezo buffer op-amp

You have an oscilloscope? That helps a lot. I actually programmed oscilloscopes into each input so that I could visualize what was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahtuna View Post
    You have the device, so I can't stop you from opening it up and taking a look.
    Yes I am aware about this option But I kinda like it and don't want to open it and "steal" your design, I purchased it to use, not to hack. I just thought sinse there are some kind people who helped you with chosing write components you could share with the results. I know about firmware magic but don't want to even try to implement positional sensing or hot spot supression, just simple piezo triggering.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahtuna View Post
    You have an oscilloscope? That helps a lot. I actually programmed oscilloscopes into each input so that I could visualize what was happening.
    No I don't have it. My intension was to make it as simple as possible, but it looks like it is time do it (oscilloscope).

A good opamp is the mcp6004. Programming in your own oscilloscope will be infinitely more useful than buying a hardware unit. The eDRUMin UI shows the waveform allowing me to really see what the device is seeing. Without that information I would have a hard time seeing problems in my transient detection and alignment.

Ok, thanks. Will use mcp6004 as a start point.

A friend asked me to look over the Analog Devices LTC6240 for a piezo-base oceanographic shear sensor. That op amp looks very good for piezo sensors because of the very low input bias currents--in the 1picoAmp range.

https://www.analog.com/media/en/tech...s/624012fe.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by mborgerson View Post
    A friend asked me to look over the Analog Devices LTC6240 for a piezo-base oceanographic shear sensor. That op amp looks very good for piezo sensors because of the very low input bias currents--in the 1picoAmp range.

I plan to use the same Opamp, but have not tested them yet. I`m only concerned about the 18 MHz Gain-Bandwidth product that limits the achievable gain somewhat. But for a Pre-amp it may be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by mborgerson View Post

LTC6240 looks nice, but I couldn't find it anywere in our local stores. But I found MCP6022T wich is much like MCP6004 but has better slew rate, wich may be important in piezo sampling.