Recommendation for piezo buffer op-amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have an oscilloscope? That helps a lot. I actually programmed oscilloscopes into each input so that I could visualize what was happening.

You have the device, so I can't stop you from opening it up and taking a look.

Yes I am aware about this option :) But I kinda like it and don't want to open it and "steal" your design, I purchased it to use, not to hack. I just thought sinse there are some kind people who helped you with chosing write components you could share with the results. I know about firmware magic but don't want to even try to implement positional sensing or hot spot supression, just simple piezo triggering.

You have an oscilloscope? That helps a lot. I actually programmed oscilloscopes into each input so that I could visualize what was happening.
No I don't have it. My intension was to make it as simple as possible, but it looks like it is time do it (oscilloscope).

A good opamp is the mcp6004. Programming in your own oscilloscope will be infinitely more useful than buying a hardware unit. The eDRUMin UI shows the waveform allowing me to really see what the device is seeing. Without that information I would have a hard time seeing problems in my transient detection and alignment.

A friend asked me to look over the Analog Devices LTC6240 for a piezo-base oceanographic shear sensor. That op amp looks very good for piezo sensors because of the very low input bias currents--in the 1picoAmp range.

https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/624012fe.pdf

I plan to use the same Opamp, but have not tested them yet. I`m only concerned about the 18 MHz Gain-Bandwidth product that limits the achievable gain somewhat. But for a Pre-amp it may be OK.

A friend asked me to look over the Analog Devices LTC6240 for a piezo-base oceanographic shear sensor. That op amp looks very good for piezo sensors because of the very low input bias currents--in the 1picoAmp range.

https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/624012fe.pdf

LTC6240 looks nice, but I couldn't find it anywere in our local stores. But I found MCP6022T wich is much like MCP6004 but has better slew rate, wich may be important in piezo sampling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back