Grab compiled binary from Teensy 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

foofit

I'm rather new to Teensy programming. I have a project where a previous programmer installed a mostly functional arduino program onto a prototype. I would like to use the same prototype for testing, but I need to get the original binary from the prototype in case it is needed later.

Is there any way to grab the binary off of a Teensy 3.6?

I am currently connected via USB. Really, I would just like to know if this is something that is at all possible. I would not need to do anything with the binary other than re-upload it potentially.

Not possible by USB, unless the original program was made with some provision to read its own memory and transmit that data.

It depends on if and how the code has been written to set or not a few protection flags in the corresponding registers. Thus, it might be readable or it may not. But then, we are probably into copyright and/or forensic questions and as long as it can not be made sure that you have the legal right to read out the code (if so, why don’t you have access to the source code?) I would rather give no further advice.

Why don't ask him?

The previous programmer on this project is MIA. He did leave a bit of code behind, but it is missing files and will have to be cleaned up heavily to get it functional. Although I think the original binary might as well be ditched, the owner of the prototype wants to keep it as it's somewhat functional and there's been some major design changes that mean I won't be developing a workable program for that prototype. I would just need it for testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back