Uploading sketch, what happens to pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacko91

Hey,
just wondering, while uploading a new sketch. Are all the pins pulled low or high. Or what havens to them?

Thanks

When placed in reset all pins should be set to disabled/high impeadance until you set them as input/output/pullup etc in the new code.

Hey,
thanks for the reply. So my problem is, that I have a motor driver connected to the teensy. The motor is driven with pwm. High means the motor is driving. If I now reset the teensy the motor will drive with full speed. Ergo the pin is set to high, right?

Thanks

Thought about mentioning what high Z means but got lazy - The teensy is isolating that pin, so it will go to whatever voltage the motor driver sets it to balanced by anything else in the circuit. If the motor driver is configured to pullup it's pins so unconnected inputs still work for bench testing etc then it will indeed turn itself on. As FrankB suggests solution is to find or measure the pullup value and pull it down with an equivalent or larger 'pull', in this case a lower value resistor. You cannot go too overboard since the Teensy needs to overcome the pulldown to activate the pin but often all you need is 5-10K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back