Teensy as Slave SPI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I use a Teensy 3.6 that communicates with an arduino pro mini

but the arduino is quiet short on pins while it's the only small (narrow) footprint 3.3V TTL compatible arduino board I know (and it can do SPI slave natively)

I thought about replacing it with another teensy but I read many times that SPI slave on teensy was not supported (while maybe possible via some hacks)

the whole thing needs to communicate with a bluetooth hc05, a 16x2 lcd ( I2C interface+RGB leds via transistors ) and the teensy 3.6
I need to add a couple of buttons too

any thoughts about that ?

regards

If you are willing to write your own SPI driver or adapt from other libraries, SPI-slave is definitely working and easily implemented.
problem may be that, say Linux spi-drivers may not be as good (flexible) as Teensy ones.

If you are willing to write your own SPI driver or adapt from other libraries, SPI-slave is definitely working and easily implemented.
problem may be that, say Linux spi-drivers may not be as good (flexible) as Teensy ones.

??? dont really see what linux has to do with this

??? dont really see what linux has to do with this

So, I have a Linux SPI-master (in my case a Olimex sbc) that talks to a Teensy as SPI-slave.
for this case the Teensy has to adapt to the SPI-master's way of doing business.
If the Linux driver is badly written (which happened to me) then you either rewrite the Linux driver, or adapt the Teensy SPI-slave.

If you are using Teensy-teensy SPI communication, then all is really trivial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back