Teensy 3.2 Mouse Only Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laki

How can I make teensy 3.2 behave as only a mouse and show as 1 device in device manager?
Can I still use moveTo and click?

You'll need to find the usb_desc.h file and edit it. See the comments at the top of that file for instructions.

If using Windows, you'll also need to find software to remove the prior info about the device from the Windows Registry before you make each attempt at changing usb_desc.h. This isn't an issue on Mac and Linux, so it's usually easier to use those system for testing.

Also keep in mind, if you remove the HID-based serial emulation, Serial.print() won't work to the serial monitor, and Arduino won't be able to ask your board to reboot. You'll need to press the button for each upload. If you want to print info about what's going on, using Serial1 with an USB-serial adaptor can help.

Thanks Paul, I successfully removed the keyboard and the joystick but teensy still appears as 2 mice. How can I remove one? And do I lose any functionality?

Maybe it's showing the 2 different reports from the HID descriptor as 2 devices?

I'm afraid that will be more work, might not even be possible. I'm not sure. But to work on this you'll need to dig into the HID reports. Maybe there's some way to merge them into a single report? But it's done this way so absolute position can be sent without relative, and vise versa. I don't see any easy answer.

Hmm, yeah for my project it's really important to show it as only one device in device manager and at the PC at all. I don't really need to use absolute position so maybe I can somehow remove that part to make it easier. Tho I got another idea for my project now with using keyboard instead of mouse but I will need to make it copy all input from my keyboard using probably another PC to send the data of keystrokes. So yeah if this isn't possible, I'll need to use that.

Thanks for helping anyways since this will also help for it to show up only as a keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back