Buttons used for pong

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa2018

Hi, I have to make a project using the teensy which has to include some button or led (or another component).

I want it to be very easy, because I'm not great at working with the teensy/arduino. I have no clue of where to put which wire or component on the breadboard. Also, connecting the component to my code is a struggle. You get my struggle with this project...

My idea was to make pong for this project, since I already created a code for pong in middle school (in Processing). I thought I could attach some buttons to make shift the beam up and down.
However, I have received tactile switches, but I have no idea if they can be used for this project. Can anyone advice me which buttons to purchase?
Also, what's the difference between teensy and arduino? Can I follow videos of pong made using arduino, or does this not work for me?

Thanks in advance!

A Teensy LC would be a good low cost device - if you are sending USB to the PC.

For a look at what is involved I went to SparkFun and this gives a glimpse of what is involved :: learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/reaction-timer

There may be better starts - but that is what I hit first. There are buttons in the tutorials at PJRC.com - here pjrc.com/teensy/tutorial3.html But it can be used without the external pullup resistor and that is showing an older Teensy - though that wouldn't change anything at first guess.

Hope that helps get to the next question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back