Compile Problem with ALL ino-files: In constructor constexpr Stream::Stream()

Status
Not open for further replies.

usby

After install of arduino IDE and Teensyduino I tried to compile the example file, e.g. blink.ino. I always get:
In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/HardwareSerial.h:252:0,
from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/WProgram.h:46,
from C:\Users\Uwe\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_602574/pch/Arduino.h:6,
from C:\Users\Uwe\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_602574\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp:1:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Stream.h: In constructor 'constexpr Stream::Stream()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Stream.h:29:51: error: call to non-constexpr function 'Print::print()'
constexpr Stream() : _timeout(1000), read_error(0) {}

What to do to solve this?

Uwe

Wow, that's strange. My only guess is somehow your installation has been corrupted in some we that's hard to imagine.

Which version of Arduino and Teensyduino are you using. In Arduino, click Help > About to check.

Which version of Windows is this?

Other than suggesting you completely uninstall Arduino, then start over with a fresh copy of both installers, there's not much more I can do until I find a way to reproduce the problem. That's why asking exactly which versions you have.

Hi Paul
The Versions are 1.8.7 and 1.44. I had this also with version 1.8.6 and ??, so I deinstalled both, downloaded the current versions and installed both new.
But it shows the same behaviour and I could not find any help via Google, so I made the post. It is runnuing on Win10 with the latest updates

Not noted what Teensy and compile options for Serial and Optimize? Is that complete and Verbose output from console?

My Win 10 system with IDE 1.87 and TD 1.44 on default settings did fine for T_LC/3.2/3.6.

Almost like the file system isn't getting a file properly copied, created or accessed in the building? What Antivirus? Can it safely be disabled to try a build?

So I disabled the win 10 Antivirus, I deinstalled arduino again and then installed arduino and teensyduino with no problem.
I opend the blink.ino (but it is the same on several example files. I tried with T_LC and with T_3.2. It uses serial (com4) . Optimize was faster and debug, all same result ;-(((

Odd. I just use the MSFT included windows defender and add on Malwarebytes ( that I tell not to watch selected dirs ) - no trouble. I am running the Oct newest released 1809 - not yet pushing again. And never saw such things before.

Showing FULL VERBOSE ( set in File/Preferences ) might add some missing detail.

So I used my wifes notebook, win10, and installed aduino and TD, everything runs fine. I will transfer the complete arduino-program dir to my pc and will compare for differences. i will let you know

Are you doing the Installer or unZip? I use unzip it is better for having multiple copies around as things change and it works well. Also early in IDE 1.6 it seemed I was fighting some IDE assumptions on what was where under the cover … doing unzip to the root of another drive/partition and moving my sketchbook to a unique place has not given me any troubles since.

This is the most bizarre problem I've heard in quite some time.

Any chance you could make a ZIP file of everything in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino from the affected Win 10 machine and upload the ZIP file to some sharing site like bitbucket?

So I compared the C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino of the working machine with the one, who does not.
The difference is the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3\Print.h. In the non working situation oit is a version from 2013, the working one is from 2017. I have no idea, why the wrong file occurs again when deinstall und reinstall. Windows defender is off. Very unclear.

If you delete just that 1 file, then run the installer again, does it manage to write the 2017 copy? Or do you get the old one again? Or no Print.h file at all?

And question 2: did you ever have an old copy of Teensyduino installed on this machine before? That very old file had to come from somewhere, but where?!

1. after uninstall I checked, that the complete arduino-dir is cone. After install, the wrong print.h is back
2. yes I think so, maybe 2 years ago, but I am not sure

I just can't understand how that's even possible. The 1.44 installer has 2 copies of Print.h. One is for Teensy 3.x & LC and gets installed in the "teensy3" folder, the other is for Teensy 2.0 & ++2.0 and gets installed in the "teensy" folder. The teensy3/Print.h has "2017" near the top, and the teensy/Print.h has "2008" near the top. There just isn't a copy in 1.44 with "2013" in its comments.

@defragster - Is there some way in Windows to monitor what programs write to a folder or file? This is *far* beyond my limited Windows experience!

FWIW, there is 2013 in some old Print.h's. Here's what i found on one of my linux machines
Code:
find . -name Print.h -exec grep 2013 {} \; -print 
 * Copyright (c) 2013 PJRC.COM, LLC.
./arduino-1.6.12/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/Print.h
./arduino-1.6.3/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/Print.h
./arduino-1.6.7/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/Print.h
./arduino-1.6.11/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/Print.h
./arduino-1.8.1/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/Print.h
./arduino-1.6.0/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/Print.h
./arduino-1.0.6/hardware/teensy/cores/teensy3/Print.h
./arduino-1.0.5/hardware/teensy/cores/teensy3/Print.h
./arduino-1.6.4/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/Print.h

maybe still some old copies of IDE on usby's box.
Maybe usby should search his disk for Print.h

Yes. Looking to see it through . . . not clean or easy.

Seemed like something SysInternals might do - but I don't see that ...

Turned on auditing for the file - now trying to find a way to view events for it and seeing if it indicates who wrote … so far I only find the event where I enabled logging …

It seems to be more directed at servers - I have win 10 Pro - not sure what extra that includes but … " folks from Microsoft admit themselves setting up Windows file access auditing should be done with a great degree of caution and it does come with some caveats."

There are after market tools - they are $1000+ and seem to have a server base as well ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back