Status
Not open for further replies.

loglow

Hi there,

This is a fully functioning prototype.

It has identical features, pinout, and dimensions as this (assembled):
https://www.tindie.com/products/loglow/teensy-32-breakout-revision-d/

Except that:
- The two central mounting holes are smaller and repositioned slightly.
- The depth (height) is obviously less than the assembled breakout.
- It sits completely flat on the bottom side.
- The prototype (as pictured) doesn't have the rails v-scored (but they will be on all future boards).

Right now, a Teensy 3.2 Breakout assembly sells for $52 (which includes the Teensy). I'd like to sell these units for $39 each, if I can raise over $3,900. If I raise over $29,000, they'll only cost $29 each, but that seems pretty far-fetched, so I'm not counting on it. If this works out, I'll probably have them for sale on an ongoing basis.

Preorder link to follow shortly if there's any interest. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Dan

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

Thanks! Maybe I should add some solder jumpers too, so the switches could be omitted as an option.

This sounds like a good idea - for hobbyists, they can be trusted with the switches, but speaking as a commercial user, I'd be worried that my customers can mess about with the switches (either accidentally or purposefully).

Solder jumpers would probably be as sensible - as it would be rare to change and would not want it to change in use.

Those are not through pin based on bottom pic - maybe smd flat switches

This sounds like a good idea - for hobbyists, they can be trusted with the switches, but speaking as a commercial user, I'd be worried that my customers can mess about with the switches (either accidentally or purposefully).

I'm leaning toward removing the switches entirely and having only solder jumpers in place of them.

Default configuration would be: VIN-VUSB = ON (cut trace to turn off), USB-HOST = OFF (solder the pads to turn on).

Do people have any thoughts about the bus rails? Eg. Permanent? V-scored? None? Etc.

Looking at Tindie the boards with them snapped off look nice. Wasn't sure how useful they would be - common usage? I'd see using the board with them off, though having a couple of spare GND and 3V3 locations would be useful. GND someplace would be easy - not sure about PWR?

Looking at Tindie the boards with them snapped off look nice. Wasn't sure how useful they would be - common usage? I'd see using the board with them off, though having a couple of spare GND and 3V3 locations would be useful. GND someplace would be easy - not sure about PWR?

The rails are especially useful in situations where you want to connect a SVG (signal, voltage, ground) header/cable.

The rails are especially useful in situations where you want to connect a SVG (signal, voltage, ground) header/cable.

That was all I could think of with no other connect area (like breadboard rows). So then it seems V-score would probably be the bigger usage to remove them - even on one side when only using 5 to 7 or fewer of them on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back