Teensy 4? testing mbed NXP MXRT1050-EVKB (600 Mhz M7)

I second Frank's idea to export just one default F_CPU, F_PLL and F_BUS to quickly create a first compatibility status with most libraries.
In a second step, when the clock control object is up and running and allows dynamically changing all clocks on the fly, that could be the moment to refine the work on the libraries and implement this new clocking API for the T3 series, too.

Yeah, that does seem like the most reasonable way to go.

This beta isn't going to be like the last two (LC & 3.5/3.6), where many things worked from the beginning. The core library still needs a ton of work and almost no libraries are working yet. This beta is going to be much more of an adventure! But I believe I at least have the bootloader & hardware reliable. It does have the 15 second button pretty to wipe the flash, and that erase is done with JTAG boundary scan (the IMXRT is held in reset mode) which hopefully gives us a way to recover when/if things go really wrong.

My hope is we'll be able to mostly move away from using F_CPU. But in some places it may still be unavoidable. The FlexPWM and QuadTimers in particular end up running from the IPG clock, which is an integer division of the ARM clock. I did implement analogWriteFrequency() for those, based on whatever the clock happens to be at the time you call it. For other libraries using those timers, still not sure what to do yet...

the smallest fans on fleabay are 15x15 at 5v, dont bother with the 10x10 3.3v ones theyre 5x the price... hehe

Maybe we can implement a critical-temp shutdown.
The document mentions 100°C as "critical", 90°C as "Hot".
Perhaps the shutdown should disable all pins, too, so the user can use appropriate pullup/pulldown resistors to stop motors etc.

Edit: "Hot" could be an event...

Last edited:
Maybe we can implement a critical-temp shutdown.
The document mentions 100°C as "critical", 90°C as "Hot".
Perhaps the shutdown should disable all pins, too, so the user can use appropriate pullup/pulldown resistors to stop motors etc.

Edit: "Hot" could be an event...

Post #169 describes SDK example that monitors chip temperature and shuts down if "too hot". (ch 53, temperature monitor)

Was starting to look at it the registers for the tempmon in the imrtx.h file is on the todo list.

EDIT: Also it appears to need the octop registers, only needs octop->anal1 for calibration data

Last edited:
What is the value of hot_temp?

The high temp and low temp are configurable. The SDK example's readme.txt is
Code:
TEMPMON driver example.
The chip initial temperature is 40.8 ℃.
The chip temperature has reached high temperature that is 42.7 ℃.
The chip throttling back core frequency to waiting a desired cool down temperature .
The chip core frequency is 62500000 Hz.
The chip temperature has reached low temperature that is 39.5 ℃.
The chip will return to the normal process .
The chip core frequency is 500000000 Hz.
SDK boards/evkbimxrt1050/driver_examples/tempmon/
#define DEMO_HIGHALARMTEMP 42U
#define DEMO_LOWALARMTEMP 40U

when i ran it, it just said "The chip initial temperature is 32.9" for the short duration that i bothered to wait ...

2019-01-06 22_57_39-Start.png
estimated lifetime is not that bad

~10 years 0n 24/7 at 1.15 volts for commercial use - even if hot and reduced speed.

So looks like voltage is harder on it than temp near 200 F

So even cool with higher voltage to OC will reduce that

Back