Use a pre-compile program on Tennsy 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armadafg

Hi,

I currently use in one of my projects 2 teensy 3.6 (which will probably be replaced by teensy 4.x that it will have as much pin as the teensy 3.6).

The problem is this, it is necessary for my project to be able to switch from one programe to another and to be able to do it from an external support will be a big plus.

I think the solution would be to "inject" a pre-compiler program that found on an SD card but I don't see how to do it.

thank you in advance for your help.

Actually, the only way to reprogram a Teensy is through USB/MKL02. So, loading compiled code at runtime from the SD card is not supported.
Since the Teensy 3.6 has 1MB of flash, isn't there a way to "fusion" your 2 programs into one with two big subroutines and to jump from one to another triggered by a pin interrupt, for example?

thank you for your reply,

The solution to merge programs is the one I use currently but this solution is limited for my project.

Will you be able to connect a teesy3.6 on another teensy 3.6 (on its USB port hote) so that it is reprograme between her?
Yes, I know it's a crazy idea

I'm not sure I understand,
on the picture we can see a teensy3.6 on a plate that is connected to a USB port, where will you go?
I think it's towards the host of the teensy 3.6 who is on the picture but I see chip on the plate and I do not know what it is.

And where to connect the system ? Towards another teensy 3.6?

According to the codes I understand that it was intended to program other teensy by looking for the compile file on the SD card, is that it?

And where to connect the system ? Towards another teensy 3.6?

Yes.

As the readme says, there isn't much documentation. But if you look at the code, you'll see bootloader.cpp is a driver for Teensy's HID bootloader, and ihex.cpp reads the HEX file from the SD card to program it onto the connected Teensy.

Maybe someday this project will get nice documentation, but that's a very low priority. If you want to try using it, you're going to have to read the code and try to understand how it works. Also embedded in this project is some undocumented analog circuitry to read the current consumed by whatever USB device is plugged in, and code to tell the program RawHID-based program written to the Teensy to turn the LED on/off while it measures the change in current. The current measurement is also used to turn the pass/fail lights off when a new device is plugged in (even if it doesn't communicate)... little details to make a usable tester.

This wasn't meant to be a tutorial, but people have asked for this code to program a Teensy using the host port of Teensy 3.6, so here it is, a bit rough around the edges and undocumented, but works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back