Monitoring currently recorded audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Forum,

I slowly getting used to the Teensy Audio library and implementing an audio recorder from the given examples...

Something I didn't found a clear answer about and am not sure, how to deal with: monitoring the incoming signal (or pass-through from line-in to line-out). Should I fill a second queue and save it temporarly to the flash memory? Or can I directly play the queue with the playBuffer() function?

Thanks for any tip or example.

Best,
Sebastien

Not sure what you want.. why don't you connect the output (is it the audio shield?) with your incomming signal ? Use the GUI-tool. Too simple? Hm... Or, I don't understand your problem..

Too simple indeed... Two inputs (SD card and i2s), one mixer and one output. Was drifting too far... thank you for bringing me back to the floor :p

Yup, only use the queues if you *really* need access to the raw data. Otherwise, it's best to leave the audio data inside the audio system. The "patch cords" in the audio system work using very efficient shared buffers with a copy-on-write strategy. It may seem "too easy" using the GUI, but there is indeed quite a lot of very heavily optimized code running in the library to actually implement whatever system you draw in the GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back