Teensy LC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely no plans to use another Cortex-M0+.

But a new Teensy LC using one of the lower end Cortex-M7 chips would be quite likely, after Teensy 4 of course, probably late 2019 time frame.

I just like to use teensy for as many projects as possible, I'm too old to learn too much more :(. and I like that they are bread compatible. I can't wait for the teensy 4 for a new project. I just have this little home automation project and need a little more flash then the LC. I hate the Arduino foot print because I can't breadboard it and building my own circuit around it requires me to buy things with that same foot print. And I can't wait until end of 2019. Maybe I will just have to overkill the project and use one of the 3.2 processors I have laying around.

What would be very cool is a LC style device with a wifi chip built in. I wouldn't expect it to be cheaper, just use less real estate.

Maybe a "oficial" esp-based shield-like the audio shield or prop-shield - and important - with pjrc-just good working-firmware (or just the AT-command firmware?) - and uart-interface would be a good thing...

nefarious if you need more memory what about an SPI flash chip? They can be had under $1. Also what are you storing that is so big!? Ive used the LC for a few projects and my biggest was 47K (74%)

You can also just download Arduino and Teensyduino for free, open some of the example and click Verify. The Arduino IDE prints a summary of the memory used.

Maybe take whatever libraries and code you're intending to use and throw them together into a test. Using "volatile" on variables is a good way to prevent the compiler from noticing your inputs are constants and optimizing away much of the code. While you need the hardware to actually run the code, this can at least give you an idea if the 62K of flash is enough.

Typically the 8K RAM size on Teensy LC becomes a limiting factor before the flash fills up, but it really depends on which libraries you use and whether your code needs to allocate any big arrays for data.

I am an old time OOP programmer, I wrote my MS thesis on artificial intelligence in lisp in the middle 70's. On the teensy, I write all of my projects with a set of libraries that implement the application and the loop is simply a timer event sent to the library classes. I just bought the Teensy LC and if I need to I can reduce the size of the libraries by removing some of the code not needed for the specific application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back