Arduino Mega 2560 to Teensy++2.0 - Transition advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanL

Using a Mega, I wrote simple Arduino sketch...just a sequential list of 18 relay and 9 LED activations...and tested it on the prototype circuit. Works fine.
I needed to hardwire and wanted to keep the pinned Mega for development, so got a Teensy 2. Looks perfect. But after reading the Startup stuff, thought I'd share the pin plan and output info just to get a nod from others (I'm a novice at all this, and this is first Arduino project and first Teensy).

All pins will be simple output, HIGH/LOW. No more than 4 pins active at one time, and longest pin "on" time will be 4 seconds.

Does the proposed pin plan attached look OK?

Attachments

• TEENSY PIN PLAN for GUNS.jpg
    TEENSY PIN PLAN for GUNS.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 188
If you don't need analog inputs, you could use, for example, pins 38-45 and pin 17 for digital outputs instead of pins 28-36. This would save you having to connect any of the interior pins.

Pete

If you don't need analog inputs, you could use, for example, pins 38-45 and pin 17 for digital outputs instead of pins 28-36. This would save you having to connect any of the interior pins.

Pete

Yes, thanks. I was trying to keep those pins open, but this will end up being a dedicated application, so you're right....just use the most convenient pins.

Sealing up a Teensy

New sketch tested on pinless Teensy2 with voltmeter to follow pin activations. All good. Amazing, considering I barely know what I'm doing.
All low voltage - 12VDC - hobby R/C stuff.
Now need to wire and seal against moist environment with light splash possible.

Advice /feedback on approach appreciated.

The following is based on forum info, except the Plasti-Dip...must have missed that.

Plan for Teensy: see attached drawing.

Plan for relay modules (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HCFJC0Y/ref=biss_dp_t_asn):
Stabilize wires with bead of hot glue.
Overspray complete module and wires at entry with clear Plasti-Dip Spray
( https://www.amazon.com/Performix-11...3481477&sr=8-3&keywords=plasti+dip+color&th=1)

Thank you.

Attachments

• SEALING TEENSY 2.jpg
    SEALING TEENSY 2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back