Running on 5V Power..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim lee

Obviously I've made a mistake in my wiring somewhere. I have power coming off of a 5V switching, regulated power supply. All I've hooked to the processor is the data line of a string of neoPixels. 150 of them. I keep cooking the teensy processors.

I'm embarrassed to ask, do you not hook 5V to the VUSB pin?

-jim lee

The VIN pin is made for external power. What Teensy model? If power and USB is connected - was the underside VIN<>VUSB trace cut

Its a 3.2, They are all on the same ground, the trace is not cut. I'd like to program it with the USB while its running on the 5V line from the power supply. I just looked at the diagram and there is a 3..5V vin at the corner opposite from the ground. I'm betting thats where I should be pumping in my power feed.

-jim lee

Indeed T_3.2 - corner across USB from GND is noted as : Vin (3.6 to 6.0 volts) - on the Teensy card that was hopefully included.

If always powered by 5V externally - then cutting the trace allows USB to be used or not - and when used it works without dueling power supplies.

Thanks guys! It looks like everything works now. Got power into the correct pin and cut the trace.

-jim lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back