USBHost_t36 working with PS4 gamepad in Teensy 3.6?

dun46

Hi all,
Does anyone know if it is possible to work with the PS4 gamepad via Bluetooth with the "USBHost_t36" library in teensy 3.6?
Thank you very much in advance

The answer is, it is probably possible. I have worked on adding Bluetooth support to the library, which I have not yet tried to merge (PM) into the release. It was working at least somewhat with PS4 controllers before, but I have not tried it in awhile. Also not clear yet best way to handle things like doing the binding of and trusting...

Hopefully at some point in the near future I will try it out again.

There is more details about some of the stuff I was doing in the thread: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/49358-T3-6-USB-Host-Bluetooth

Hi KurtE,
thank you very much for your answer, it would be very helpful if you send me some example that you have of bluetooth, to see how it is configured.
Thank you in advance

As I look up at my github fork/branch of this https://github.com/KurtE/USBHost_t36/tree/Bluetooth-WIP I see it has been 8 months since I made any changes.

You can take a look, but there were things I wanted to figure out with Paul on how much of these things should integrate.

Example: Joystick, mouse, keyboard - Should the Bluetooth stuff here merge into the same classes and act sort of like HID clients or should we just separate them as there are several other things like binding and trusting which is specific to BT...

Again hopefully may get back to it soon. But know he is busy with T4 work and hopefully soon many of the rest of us with be working on that as well.

Kurt

I might be reviving the wrong thread, but I'll give it a shot as I can't find the info needed elsewhere.

A friend of mine has a driving simulator using a Logitech steering wheel and an Arduino Pro Micro with a joystick library wired to a single pot to act as the handbrake - so far been running great on his PC. He now wants to use the simulator on his PS4/

The steering wheel works fine with his PS4 Pro via USB, but the Micro based handbrake does not - the PS4 doesn't recognise the device.
Will this library along with a T3.6 help him achieve a PS4 compatible USB based joystick/handbrake, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Sorry, my guess is that you may need to ask some PS4 forum or the like about this. You might also ask on Arduino forum as Pro Micro is an Arduino thing and maybe someone there has a solution.

Again I am not an expert with full PS4 internals (don't have one), I have had (and I think still do) have a PS3, but we then went to XBox...

And I know that for example the XBox would not use the Logitech wheel, you had to get one specifically fro the XBox. My guess is PS4 is similar. They probably have some additional checking and or protocols they are using that the hand brake control is not doing.

Back