Teensy Libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino

Hi All,

Teensy Newbie here and fairly new to Arduino as well, but my project needs the extra memory ,ports and 3v capabilities offered by the LC /3.2 boards.

What I have found a problem and would be grateful for an answer is when using the Teensy I have to rename some of the old Arduino libraries so the compiler picks up the Teensy versions.

Thats all works ok, but I am also having to run another non Teensy project which means renaming the libraries again.

Feel sure this must be a common problem, but not sure how to overcome it ? Can I use multiple versions of the IDE or a portable one, or somehow use two versions of the Libraries folder ?

The first step is to turn on verbose output while compiling in File > Preferences.

Arduino will print a ton of info. Near the end is a list of the libraries it found, and which ones it actually used and which it ignored, with full pathnames. While this technically doesn't change anything, it does give you the important ability to actually see the library choices Arduino is having to make.

As a general rule, Arduino tries to find libs within each platform, but anything you place in Documents/Arduino/libraries overrides all others. Without seeing the verbose output message, I can tell you the problem we see over and over again is copies of board-specific libs placed in Documents/Arduino/libraries (overriding all other copies). That override feature is great when you want to immediately solve a problem, but quickly becomes a burden if you have multiple copies. Ideally each platform's lib should go into the libraries folder for just that platform.

But maybe this long-winded explanation is getting ahead too much, before even seeing the verbose output message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back