Teensy DMX / RDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomV

Hi,

First post here, long time reader!

Im currently using the Teensy DMX library on a T3.6 to receive DMX. Im trying to get RDM working, and have managed to get the example to work and can discover the teensy. What I'm struggling with is how to define additional commands such as reset, sensor readings etc. Are there any examples out there that demonstrate this?

Thanks.

Could you point to the source code of the example? Maybe I could give a few pointers. I have some RDM implementation experience.

This is the library. There’s an example in there called dmx receive. Using this I can discover the teensy with a dmx tester. However I don’t really understand how to structure replies for other things such as remotely setting the dmx address or querying sensor values etc.

https://github.com/chrisstaite/TeensyDmx?files=1

Thanks for the help.

In order to add new commands, you need to modify the processResponderRDM() function in TeensyDmx.cpp. Have you had a look at the E1.20 RDM specification?

Thanks for pointing that out. It kind of makes sense I think, so in the processResponderRDM() function I can specify a new case which is another RDM command as per the spec, which calls a function to build the correct response?

Yes, that sounds correct. Per the style of that file, calling functions at the appropriate spot in the appropriate switch statement seems like the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back