Teensy 3.6, Audio Shield and the use of pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

cow_n_berg

First of all a big THANK YOU! Today I put my project together, and it works! I was very happy with the quality of the products, the audio tutorial and the libraries.

So no big question here, I just ask for some clarification.

The project consists of:
- Teensy 3.6
- Audio Shield
using:
- 17 PWM pins, controlling LED strips via MOSFETs
- 25 digital pins, controlling more LED strips via MOSFETs
- 4 digital outputs, 5 digital inputs for a controlling keypad
- 1 digital output for a single LED on the control board

In the beginning of the project I steered away from using pins 0 and 1, and of the pins used for the Audio Shield. I resorted to analog pins A10, A11, A21, but I couldn't get them to work as digital inputs or outputs. (I might have re-programmed them as analog inputs, but I didn't.)

For the music I used the SD card of the Teensy. In the code pins 11 and 13 are being defined, but supposedly not used by the code. However, pin 11 appears to be used. Using it as digital input, I could not play the music.

After all, I used pins 0 and 1 for input, and pin 13 for the single LED. So using every available digital pin on the Teensy, I could get around these small issues.

Are my observations correct about the analog pins not working as digital input or output, and pin 11 not being usable for other tasks?

Kind regards,
Rob

The audio shield uses the pins shown in the schematic: https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy3_audio.html if you don't use the optional flash chip and external card (i' would'nt use the audio-shield sd-slot with 3.5 or 3.6 anway) their pins are free to use, too. In addition you can use pin 15 if you remove the capacitor form the audio shield (or leave it and use it for a potentionmeter - either on the shield or "external")
All other pins are usable as digital in- and outputs ("Axx" just means "optional" analog in). But beware - if you use the Audio-Library analog ADC or ADCS, all "Axx" are not usable as analog-in anymore.

FunctionTeensy Pins UsedShareable
Audio9, 11, 13, 18, 19, 22, 2318, 19 (other I2C chips)
Volume Pot15 (A1)-
SD Card7, 10, 12, 147, 12, 14 (other SPI chips)
Memory Chip6, 7, 12, 147, 12, 14 (other SPI chips)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back