Marlin / Teensy 3.5(3.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank B

We (my son & me) are now owners of an 3D-Printer (cheap "ANET A8") . Setup and calibration was a pain - added some steel angles and a wooden board from the hardware store and now it prints OK, surprisingly good quality.
The original firmware was not that good and very slow, and we installed Marlin. The board uses an AVR and a simple 4-line display.
So.... next wish is to use a faster Teensy, a better display, better knobs, and encoders :)
According to the readme, Marlin 2 is already Teensy compatible - so...
I'm looking for a board and/or schematic for Teensy, Marlin-compatible.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a board and/or schematic for Teensy, Marlin-compatible.
Not sure exactly what you mean here. But just taking a guess i think you mean a schematic for a controller board to teensy? You might want to take a look at the RAMPS 1.6 controller board which I think is compatible with the Marlin firmware. Don't know if that is any help.

EDIT: Curiosity again got the better of me. Found a couple of links you might be interested in:

Last edited:
The RAMPS schematic looks very good. Thank you :)
I think, I will make my own board, with a place for the Teensy, and a additional Z stepper (the A8 uses two Z steppers), and I want to check if there is any chance to add a touch display..

Glad it helped. Poked around a little more and saw a couple of other vids on using the ramps board with the a8. May want to do a little more poking around as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back