Teensyduino Install Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevelle

I have been using Teensy 3.1/3.5s for a few months now without any issues. (A big fan. Congratulations.) My most recent application is one that uses keyboard.h and a 3.5 board. I had a very small test program running and everything worked great. I then started on the main application and worked on all the other things it needed to do before got to the keyboard routines. I then added the #include <Keyboard.h> line and just a few line of related code. Even with the include line, "Keyboard" comes up undefined. (FYI: I am using the VisualMicro add-in to Visual Studio as an editor.)

OK, so I went back to the Arduino IDE and loaded the Keyboard example. Now it too shows a compile error.

Of course, when all else fails, move to the latest Arduino IDE which I did. (1.8.4 to 1.8.8) Then I attempted to installed the latest version of Teensyduino (1.4.5). It gets to the point where it is going to install files into the Arduino folder and tosses an error about a third the way in.

"Unable to write changes to "lib/arduino-core.jar", replacing object "cc/arduino/Compiler$BuilderAction.class"

I made sure all file permissions were set to full. I turned off all anti-virus.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

That suggests that there is an active JAVA process holding the file open. The IDE is open or there is some orphaned process. Open taskman and clean up with end task - or simply reboot and try before running the IDE.

Oh geeze. Looks like that was it. I gave up last night and for the hell of it, rebooted the computer before going to bed. This morning, after reading your reply, I re-ran the install of Teensyduino and it worked. I have no idea what was holding the file open but that problem is now solved. Thanks very much.

However, I still have the original issue. Keyboard is not defined even though the include line is there.

Maybe a clue. In VS I also opened Keyboard.h. In that file is an include for HID.h. VS says that it cannot open the source file HUD.h. Maybe if that is failing, then Keyboard.h can't be recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back