Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Arduino Music Player

Arduino Music Player

Hi,

Over the Christmas break I did some improvements to my Arduino Music Player that's able to play different MOD/S3M/XM/IT files. If you are not familiar, these music files contain sampled instruments and "pattern" data describing note/volume/effect information for each audio track authored with trackers such as OpenMPT. The player then mixes this multi-channel audio data (multiple instruments with different volume & pitch) for the final output. The player supports various audio effects such as vibrato, arpeggio, note/volume slides, etc. though I got still some work to do to make it behave according to the (fairly vague) spec and polish out some of the glitches.

Below is a video showing the player running on Teensy 3.6 and playing an 8 audio track music. Teensy 3.6 with 1MB flash memory can now fit most of these music files in memory.

If you are interested you can download this project from GitHub and try it out yourself: https://github.com/JarkkoPFC/arduino-music-player

Cheers, Jarkko

This is really a cool project. I love it.
    Can it play from SD?

Don't you want to include it into the audio library?

Hi Frank,

The player can't directly play from SD card since it needs random access to the music data, but it should be easy to copy the data from the card to MCU flash and start the playback

Cheers, Jarkko

Love your replay routine. Absolutely awesome work / wizardry! I hacked it to work with the Teensy Audio Library and might churn out a new audio object if I can get motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by itec View Post
    Love your replay routine. Absolutely awesome work / wizardry! I hacked it to work with the Teensy Audio Library and might churn out a new audio object if I can get motivated.
    Very cool, nice job!

Cheers, Jarkko

Quote Originally Posted by itec View Post
    might churn out a new audio object if I can get motivated.
    Oh, that would be awesome!