Teensy 4.0 Price & Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomvibe

Looking over the "i.MX RT 1060" datasheets, I am very impressed with all the features on this single chip not currently in the teensy lineup such as 600mhz speed, double-precision floating point unit, 2D graphics acceleration, USB2.0 connectivity, security & encryption, etc. So I have to wonder about the price. Any hints on this?

The NXP site touts this chip as a "crossover processor". What does this mean? Is this considered a single board computer?

The 1MB RAM is not flash memory, but TCM (Tightly Coupled Memory). Will there be more external RAM, or not because it defeats the purpose of single cycle access with TCM ?

Officially, this product isn't released or even announced yet, so there are no official answers to these questions.

Unofficially, we're currently doing a first beta test in full public view. Many technical details are discussed there. I'm sure you saw that thread, but for some reason decided to start another one?

Fair enough that Teensy 4.0 is not released yet, but there is a lot of buzz out there. I saw the thread, but I could not find top level information about price and specs, aside from the selected chip. I looked over the "i.MX RT 1060" information - the "crossover processor" concept is something new. Just not sure what it means.

Once the the "i.MX RT 1060" is integrated with your PCB, can the integrated device be considered a single board computer?

An Arduino can be considered a single board computer. These terms are all made up by marketing people to sell products, for engineers, it's more important to figure out what you really need, and what parts can deliver that. The marketing terms sometimes help narrow down where to look, but don't actually MEAN anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back