Running first sketch with Teensy 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, first time Arduino/Teensy programmer.
Using a Teensy 3.2 and macOS 10.12

I am trying to walk through the steps on this page here: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_usage.html

I have run the Teensyduino Installer (directing the Installer to the Arduino.app File in my Applications Folder as a destination.). So I assume that all of the Teensy specific dependencies have been installed correctly. I then open the TeensyLoader, ensure the Teensy is in programming mode, and then open the Arduino IDE.

However when I open the 1.8.8 Arduino IDE software, and navigate to File->Sketchbook->Digital->Blink in the the Arduino Menu Bar, (as instructed on the page linked above) this submenu is blank. Do I need to manually install sketches somewhere for there to be something listed here?

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 6.09.18 PM (2).jpg

I see that you are using a Mac.

"About Arduino..." will show you the version numbers for both the Arduino and Teensyduino. Check that the version number of Teensyduino appears. If not, Teensyduino is likely not installed.

Here's an example:
Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 7.29.41 PM.png

Not sure if you did this, but you should select one of the "Board Type"s in the Tools menu.

Check those two things then try to build the Blink sketch. If you already had this open, then close it and reopen it if you ever set or change the Word Type selection.

Before you try to run it on a Teensy, set the Port, also in the Tools menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back