Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: New audio effect: TREMOLO

New audio effect: TREMOLO

I've added a new effect to BALibrary: Tremolo

The effect has the following controls: bypass, rate, depth, volume.

Like all the other effects in the library, AudioEffectTremolo supports runtime control of the effect parameters by either calling member functions directly,

Code:
    tremolo.setRate(0.5); // set the rate parameter to 50%
    or by mapping MIDI CC's to parameters so external devices (like MIDI controllers) can adjust parameters.

Code:
    tremolo.mapMidiControl(AudioEffectTremolo::RATE,20  ); // Set MIDI CC 20 to control the rate parameter
    Two code examples are provided. The first example uses incoming MIDI to control the effect in realtime. Typically a hardware or software MIDI controller is used. The second example uses the Expansion Board with the TGA Pro, which provides several analog switches and knobs to control the effect just like a real guitar pedal.

Here is a quick sound demo of the effect in action. I'm a bassist so I apologize for the sloppiness on the other instruments!

The BALibrary also has MIDI controllable effects for:
    Analog Delay
    Digital Delay
    Sound-on-Sound
    Last edited by Blackaddr; 01-05-2019 at 05:04 PM.

I'm not a guitar person but looks and sounds great (both the hardware and the software).

Had a quick look at the library - really useful to see how the library works and the techniques - thanks for sharing.

I like your AudioHelpers - I've not seen anything like that in the main library (may have missed it) but looks really useful

Thanks! Paul did such an amazing job with his Audio library making it super easy for people to get started with audio projects in general, I was thinking what might the next step be?

Having some functionally that is common in many different effects available in a more modular, Lego-building manner seemed to be a good idea. Guitarists in particular have a hard time with DIY digital audio. We need higher voltages (9V), much higher impedances which results in higher noise that is difficult to deal with. The hardware was designed to address those issues specifically.