Create Custom Objects in Audio System Design Tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfvalvo

Hi, wondering if it’s possible (and straight forward) to add “shapes” to the online Audio System Design Tool to represent custom Audio Library classes I’ve created. Looks like you’d have to define number of inputs, number of outputs, name of the class, base name of the instances.

I know nothing about the platform on which this tool is build, so please forgive if this is a naïve question.

Thanks Paul, I've used that as a guide for creating my own Audio Library classes. But, I was asking how include these classes in the online graphical design tool. I don't see anything at that page about custom "shapes" or creating a local version of the design tool with my own shapes.

Thanks Paul, I've used that as a guide for creating my own Audio Library classes. But, I was asking how include these classes in the online graphical design tool. I don't see anything at that page about custom "shapes" or creating a local version of the design tool with my own shapes.

Editing "\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio\gui\index.html" allows you to modify the gui, if that is what you want

If you edit hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\audio\gui\index.html and look, for example, for "AudioMixer4" you can see how that particular object is added to the design tool. It occurs in three places.
As you'll see, you can control the number of inputs and outputs but I don't think it allows you to make different shapes other than the rectangle.

Pete

If you edit hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\audio\gui\index.html
Thanks. I see the concept. But, way too tedious and error-prone with a text editor. I'd image that there's some tool or app that generates this file from a human-readable format?

Nope, I just copy and paste the 2 sections for one of the existing objects and then edit the fields in the JSON and the html in the description. Really, not that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back