Interactive settings from windows gui to arduino/teensy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohman

Forum, please assist.
I have a arduino/teensy implementation where I read settings from a potentiometer throught an analog input. It's a e.g. noise gate setting in this case.

However I'm trying to find (but failing) some way of interactively change this setting from a slider in a windows gui while connected to the teensy via usb. If I could get rid of the potentiometers this would reduce the cost and complexity of the build significantly.
Are there any libraries / tools to easly acheive this?

Regards / Rohman

So you would like to set say the threshold value of the noise gate (or any other paramater) not using an analog input of the teensy, but instead a value sent from the computer to the teensy via USB?
Is it right?

The first thing that comes to my mind is to program some sort of GUI on the computer that sends a Continuous COntrol value via midiUSB to the Teensy.

For the GUI you have lot of options:
As proof of concept, if you have any MIDI software that can send CC, like MIDIoX on Windows (sure there are equivalent software for Mac and Linux) use this to manually send test values an build your midi read function on the Teensy. When you are sure that it works, then you can develop a little GUI.

• For the GUI, I would investigate the HTML5 Web-MIDI API. It allows you to design you GUI in an html page and use it inside a browser to send MIDI message to connected devices. This way your GUI will be platform-agnostic, easy to update and investigate
  • Anther option is using CTRL: easier to code, you ca than use the gui as a compiled native executable or as a VST inside your DAW.

This is just some ideas that comes to my mind, what do you think? Is someting like this that you are looking for?

Yes, you got it 100% right and your hints might be perfectly viable. Maybe I'll even be forced to start at that level. However my hopes are that someone has already done something of the sort and already has code lib for Windows and receiving arduino giving me a jump (or flying) start.

If it can be useful, I can provide a little Arduino sketch showing how to receive MIDI from usbMIDI, checking for the CC of your choice and using the CC value for whatever you want.

Once you have that integrated in your sketch then you can performer some tests sending MIDI CC from software of your choice.

But on the Computer/Windows side I have nothing ready

Stefano

Change cc settings in midi fader box

Hi garubi

I have made a small box with 3 faders that sends out midi cc
on numbers 1,11,21 (chosen by me when I program the teensy lc)

The end users would like to be able to change these cc numbers themselves.

Could you help me with an example of code I could add to the sketch so the Teensy is able to receive midi data to change these settings.

Thanks

Nick

QUOTE=gabi;195788]If it can be useful, I can provide a little Arduino sketch showing how to receive MIDI from usbMIDI, checking for the CC of your choice and using the CC value for whatever you want.

Once you have that integrated in your sketch then you can performer some tests sending MIDI CC from software of your choice.

But on the Computer/Windows side I have nothing ready

Stefano[/QUOTE]

Hi garubi

I have made a small box with 3 faders that sends out midi cc
on numbers 1,11,21 (chosen by me when I program the teensy lc)

The end users would like to be able to change these cc numbers themselves.

Could you help me with an example of code I could add to the sketch so the Teensy is able to receive midi data to change these settings.

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nock,
I'll luook for a snippet of code in my projects and try to post it here in the next few days

Stefano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back