Teensy Loader faulty CPU utilization

Status
Not open for further replies.

WS2812B

This thread is kind of a bug report. I shortly searched for a similar thread, but found none.

At some time I noticed that my PC slowed down while writing code for Teensy 3.2/3.6 which even resulted in Visual Studio crashing.

So I looked in my Task Manager and my CPU utilization was at stunning 100%. Pretty much all of this was caused by several tasks of "teensy_reboot", each consuming arround 14%.

This issue occures sporadically and manually terminating the tasks works quite fine so it is not really important for me that this gets fixed.

The attached screenshot only shows two tasks, but trust me, eventually it rises up to 100%.

My PC Specs:
CPU: Xeon E3 1231v3 @ H2O (Effectively an i7 4770)
Other Specs but probably not relevant:
RAM: 16 GiB DDR3 1600
GPU: GTX 1080 @ H2O
Mainboard/Chipset: Asus H97 Plus
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500Gb

Teensy CPU Usage.PNG

AFAIK, there should only one single instance of Teensy_reboot be running. The Teensy loader should always "grab" the existing instance and use it instead of launching a new one. I've never seen your phenomenon happen, neither with the Arduino IDE, nor with Eclipse. Thus, there *might* be an issue with your VS configuration...

I frequently have to kill teensy_reboot because, according to Activity Monitor (Mac), it’s often at a constant 90+% CPU usage. Also my fans go strong until I kill it.

I’m using the latest PlatformIO on VSCode. Perchance it’s easy to call the program with some bad arguments or process creation code or something? I’ll poke around PlatformIO too. I know they’ve recently improved how the Teensy loader gets used. It’s not perfect yet, but it’s improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back