Teensy 3.2 & Prop LC: Toy audio reconstruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash4g

A few weeks ago I posted this to the Arduino forum:

In a nutshell, I am trying to change the voice of toys to a different language.
6edPYaR.png

There are many toys I am hoping to change, but I am looking to re-purpose the:
  • Battery pack (often 3x AA batteries)
  • Built-in speaker
  • Inputs (buttons, switches)

That forum led me to the Teensy and a Prop Shield LC. I now have them wired like this:
G7yyREH.jpg

VzmJFn5.jpg

with the boxes in red showing the thru pins:
gKovFs6.png

This is my attempt to utilize the LC shield memory/audio capabilities and maximize the other pins as inputs.

Right now, I am doing my best to find some example code to get to a point where I can begin to write code such as:

Code:
if (pin X)
{
  // play Audio File A from LC shield
}
else if (pinY & pinZ)
{
  // play Audio File B from LC shield
}
else
{
  // do Thing C
}

Eventually I would love to utilize a button matrix to absolutely maximize the inputs, however I am just trying to get this working with this setup.

Many of the examples I have viewed seem to utilize the Audio toolkit as shown here:
https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_Audio.html

...and I believe I am meant to be converting the audio files to a raw data format for the teensy to read? but I cant find a specific example with the teensy and Prop board LC... and I would appreciate any help to point me in the right direction!
Thanks!

For simple sounds that are stored in the Teensy's memory, look at the example Audio -> SamplePlayer. It has 5 buttons and it will play different sounds depending on the button press.

If you need more memory, the LC shield has a 8MB flash area that you can use to record songs. Frank B wrote a tool called Teensy Transfer that will allow you to download files to the flash memory. You load up a Teensy sketch, and run a program on your host side that talks to the Teensy:

The example program SerialFlash -> MP3Player will play a single song from the flash memory. You will need Frank B's MP3 player code:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back