Audio board line I/O connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

JotaEfe13

Hi, I am trying to establish all the components that I will need for my new project: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/54862-MIDI-Sequencer-Sampler

And after a lot of reading and searching I have not found any place where the line input and output connections for the Audio Board are explained. Could anyone confirm whether the following conetions are right?

With TRS 1/4 jack:
ECKF9hV.jpg

With TS 1/4 jack:
ZCou8or.jpg

I have some doubts about the schema. Specially with the TRS option, as I see 5 pins. In the example I am not using the upper pins and I am using the same ground pin for both channels. I am not shure if that is correct.

I assume that with the audio shield I can connect the jack sockets directly to the input/ouput pins and I have no need to create the following schema, as it applies only to the Teensy's ADC input:
adccircuit2.png

Is that correct?

Thak you for your attention.

Last edited:
The pinout is intended to match audio cables intended for a PC motherboard, but I think you have the pinout right, though check your actual jacks since if done as per your photos I think you would get the tip and ring of the jacks reversed. The lower drawing is the additional hardware needed if you wanted to directly read a signal with the Teensy ADC and not needed if you are just trying to get passthrough of audio for your effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back