Chordboard Demo (my labour of love project)

alialiali

Hi everyone,

Imagine a piano, with the black keys removed, which can change key, and change mode. There are no wrong notes as such, and so you can bang keys and get a decent result. Add a drum sequencer, some synth, strings, chords, and other bits. The user interface is made up of Cherry MX keys, with through hole RGB LEDs.

I've been working on this for years. Teensy 3.5 wasn't even released when I started, and I really only get 2-3 hours a week working on it. I'm at a demoable state, so I thought I'd post this. Sorry about the video, my 7-year old is holding the phone as a camera, and it is plugged in to a very simple usb-chargeable portable speaker. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ECDqqTfu1k

Might there be any interest in further updates, source code, schematics, designs, etc? If so, I'll be sure to add them (slowly, but surely). I have a long long way to go, I know.

Special thanks to Paul, everyone at PJRC, and all the other great contributors to this fine platform.

Might there be any interest in further updates, source code, schematics, designs, etc? If so, I'll be sure to add them (slowly, but surely). I have a long long way to go, I know.

Yes! I would love to feature this on our project blog. Any additional details, source code, schematics, etc would be great. :)

Yes! I would love to feature this on our project blog. Any additional details, source code, schematics, etc would be great. :)

That would be amazing, thank you Robin! My (day job) employer has a rather lengthy process for me to release anything into the public domain, so I'll get that underway and let you know on thread when I can.

That would be amazing, thank you Robin! My (day job) employer has a rather lengthy process for me to release anything into the public domain, so I'll get that underway and let you know on thread when I can.

I can hardly wait for the schematics, code, and related info. I would love to see the kit form of your project should you decide to go in that direction. Great job!

Back