I'm trying a 1602A LCD with the Teensy 3.6 and I with the following codes

LiquidCrystal lcd(30, 29, 26, 25, 24, 10);
// RS ENABLE D4 D5 D6 D7

lcd.begin(16, 2);
lcd.print("hi");

I seem to be unlucky enough to obtain this result

display1602.jpg

Only the upper row show grey boxes.

I looked in the code for the library and it seems it uses the command delayMicroseconds so I see no reason why it shoudln't work. I am also using the GTA Pro audio shield by BlackAddr audio but I don't think that should intervene in any way.
I have double checked the wiring. Can someone confirm that it should work with the Teensy 3.6? I believe the 3.6 may be newer than the library.

Cheers

Tobbe

Thank you Paul.

I've figured that the command

AudioMemory(24);

in the setup routine seems to brick the LCD library somehow. When commenting that line out then it seems to work as it should. At this point I don't know how to work around that since I'm using the Teensy 3.6 as a guitar effect pedal and need the audio library. After that line is executed no more information seems to go to the LCD. Whatever was already written remains on the screen however.

Now without any particular change suddenly the display appears to work despite the AudioMemory command. I haven't changed any orders of the commands. Earlier the display started counting only when the AudioMemory command was outcommented. Anyway thanks for the support and I now hope the problem won't comback.

Cheers

Tobbe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back