Teensy 3.5 real time clock problems

jwteensy

Hi there,
I recently purchased a Teensy 3.5 because I had run out of i/o pins on Arduino, Pro trinket etc.

The teensy 3.5 is working fine, with the exception of the real time clock. I have used all the examples, changed the libraries, double checked everything and I cannot either set or display the time using the examples provided.

The serial window just reports the following or the error message contained within the sketch used.

DS1307 Communication Error :-{
Please check your circuitry

Obviously because the rtc is contained within the Teensy 3.5 board it is not possible to check the circuitry. I have not connected the rtc battery to the rtc.

thanks in advance

DS1307 Communication Error :-{

"DS1307" sounds like you're running the wrong example! DS1307 is an external chip you'd connect to SDA & SCL (pins 18 & 19).

For the internal RTC, in Arduino, click File > Examples > Time > TimeTeensy3. That is the example using Teensy's internal RTC.

In that example, you should see this function which actually reads the RTC:

Code:
time_t getTeensy3Time()
{
  return Teensy3Clock.get();
}

Hello Paul,
fixed straight away, the clock is working perfectly.
I am using the 3.5 in a board I have designed with a 3.5" tft display and a uhf transmitter to send data 7km.
A suggestion. In your examples on your site, it gives a lot of information on using earlier versions of your Teensy with separate real time clocks.
It would be helpful to have an example for the 3.5 and 3.6.
Many thanks
John

Attachments

• Teensyboard.jpg
    Teensyboard.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 234
Back