Simblee Help.

Wayne

Ok, I know this is only PJRC, but, I'm trying to recover the lost of the simblee board on the arduino IDE. I think when I went into the board manager and still having the url in preferences it deleted the boards because the link has
been taken down.

I still have existence of the simblee in the Arduino15 folder. I have tried to copy these files to the main Arduino hardware folder on my C drive. I got what I thought everything done except I get this:

Platform tools (package Simblee) is unknown

Error compiling for board Simblee.

I'm at a lost at this..

Wayne

Yup, I still have the complete simblee located in the arduino15 which I moved to the main program location on my C drive in hardware. Fixed the missing txt stuff but ended up with Platform tools being unknown
Not sure if I need to edit something, but I have all the files.. Maybe I need to look over all the text stuff and see how it connects to folders

A not nice downside of the board manager approach - having the JSON just get pulled. Shows the TeensyDuino installer more robust - worst case would be having the Arduino version frozen if it ever didn't update - but with those saved files it can always be recreated.

Given the Arduino15 folder hopefully it has what is needed to rebuild it. Looks like the JSON file is stored in there and could help rebuild - though the files it pulls are probably gone too.

I pulled another board recently and it looks like everything is there including the raw tar and source install files

Just do not go to the board manager if you have the links in preferences or you end up in the same boat as me.
I have 2 Microsoft tablets and another laptop with files on it. I will try to backup the arduino15 folder and delete the url's and hopefully I can move it back to my main computer.

So if you come up with an idea how to get it to work, let me know.. I'm still trying to see how to edit the platform.tx to point to the other folder than where it use to.
Or recover somehow original setup.

What does it delete when it took away the boards

Ok, I was on the right track, but I went a bit to much in the adding folders.

Found on Arduino website that a user posted this structure:

{sketchbook folder}
|_hardware
|_zvipesh
|_avr
|_boards.txt

He stated this is how you add boards, but I decided to use the hardware folder in the Arduino location and not the sketch.

I change the avr to arm

I copied the simblee folder to the arm.. But on the users/appdata arduino15 the folder is called 1.1.4 as the revision.. So the files in the 1.1.4 went into the arm folder directly.

This its arduino, hardware, Simblee, arm, files. And it all works out.. Even if I go to the boards manager, it stays.

I was also copying over the tools file that had the arm files. I do not need for it is already in the hardware. Adding the folder was also the issue. So just copy the Simblee stuff in the correct director structure.

I'm so happy

Decided to put it into the sketch folder. The Arduino will delete it if it updated. Sketch be ok..

Last edited:
Yes it is.. I did do the same with the tools added and it works as well. Loaded the blink sketch into the RFDuino and it worked ok.. Simblee works as well since I loaded my file into it.

Hi,

I've been trying to setup my RFduino for some time now, but as you guys have already stated the support has been pulled. Would you be able to upload these files, originally downloaded with the .json file, to Github or some other repository?? It would be greatly appreciated!

Hamdid

you can try this. it is a compressed file from the staging directory on my linux machine ".arduino15/staging/packages/"

RFduino_606 from staging folder

I have a dual-boot machine and on the Linux environment I have both RFduino and Simblee running. on Windows I only have Simblee. There are various ways to copy files but I thought the staging folder may hold everything you need. on Windows you can use 7-zip archive manager to open the archive.

If you had RFduino installed, it is still on your system. I made a document on how-to move it and to get it working on Windows.
I've attached the txt file.

Attachments

• Fix_Missing_Simblee_IDE.txt
    2 KB · Views: 162
First off, I also have a copy of the full Windows folder (Arduino15) for the Simblee Arduino board, so if anyone still needs it please let me know.

Interestingly, I tried the method described by Wayne (thank you Wayne!) and for some reason it was working for some files, but not for others (!). Here's the error I got when it fails:
"
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_393073/core/syscalls.c.o: No such file or directory

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Simblee.
"
I also tried deleting the Arduino15 folder in the new PC and pasting over the entire Arduino15 folder in its place, and that similarly worked for some files but not for others.
I've also deleted the dead URL link in preferences.

Any other ideas as to what may be causing the inconsistent error above?

UPDATE: Before I even clicked 'Post', I found what appears to the be solution (below). Unchecking that option seems to have solved it for me. I'm leaving this entire post as-is in case others encounter the same:

https://www.stm32duino.com/viewtopic.php?t=3510

"In fact this is an known issue with arduino under windows.
The path is too long, an issue is already opened in Arduino side about this.
To solve this issue disable the "Agressively cache compiled core" in Arduino preferences"

Hi all,

I also tried the method described by Wayne, but I can't load sketch on Simblee.
The error is: " exec: "/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++": file does not exist ".
I think it is due to the location of the 'tools' folder, which contains 'arm-none-eabi-gcc' folder. I don't understand where it should be placed.
Could anyone help me?

Hi all,

I also tried the method described by Wayne, but I can't load sketch on Simblee.
The error is: " exec: "/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++": file does not exist ".
I think it is due to the location of the 'tools' folder, which contains 'arm-none-eabi-gcc' folder. I don't understand where it should be placed.
Could anyone help me?

This sounds similar to the error I saw - make sure under File | Preferences that the option 'Aggressively cache compiled core' is UNCHECKED.
I've had to uncheck it twice now - not sure if it automatically resets when you restart the IDE...

Please share the 114 Directory again

I uploaded the 1.1.4 folder as a ZIP file to filedropper - I think this link should allow you to download it, then extract, then follow Wayne's instructions:

http://www.filedropper.com/114

Please share the 114 Directory again. Also the json file from the Arduino15 directory. I will try to recreate the file structure and I can host it on my website.

Simblee Mirror site

Just reuploaded.
http://www.filedropper.com/114

And here's a link to the package_simblee166_index.json file:
http://www.filedropper.com/packagesimblee166index

Let me know if you need something else.

OK, everyone. I have created a mirror of the original Simblee link at "http://www.buntsoft.com/simblee/package_simblee166_index.json"
It only supports the v1.1.4 software.

There is a simple info page at: http://www.buntsoft.com/simblee/ I intend on keeping this site up indefinitely.

I have built but not downloaded to our target yet, but it installs just like the old board package. Someone, please test it with a target.

I had to use Simblee again and found arm-none-eabi-g++ had been updated which look as if it broke Simblee upload. I renamed the new to allow for the older one to work.

Thanks for keeping this up and running.

OK, everyone. I have created a mirror of the original Simblee link at "http://www.buntsoft.com/simblee/package_simblee166_index.json"
It only supports the v1.1.4 software.

There is a simple info page at: http://www.buntsoft.com/simblee/ I intend on keeping this site up indefinitely.

I have built but not downloaded to our target yet, but it installs just like the old board package. Someone, please test it with a target.

Can you fix the link again? It's down now.

Back