Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Optimized ILI9341 TFT Library

Optimized ILI9341 TFT Library

Hi Paul, I wanted to get your input on how I could utilize your Optimized ILI9341 TFT Library with a different display. I had trouble finding what exactly needed to be added to the code or library to use the FIFO with a different display driver. Specifically, I am using the module in the link below. I have also attached the libraries I am currently using, via google docs, which include example sketches. Essentially, I would like to have my display function as fast as you have been able to achieve. Your help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ie=UTF8&psc=1\

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19P...97f0p0Ldp9w_lR

Best wishes,

Lucas Saber

No chance. Completely different chip.

But you can try to use the ILI9342_t3 library SPI functions for your display..
    Last edited by Frank B; 01-26-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Is there any way that I could make similar modifications to the current library I am using to utilize the Teensy 3.2 FIFO capability? I essentially want to speed up my display and the FIFO seems to be the right path to take.

Quote Originally Posted by luke.saber View Post
    Is there any way that I could make similar modifications to the current library I am using to utilize the Teensy 3.2 FIFO capability? I essentially want to speed up my display and the FIFO seems to be the right path to take.
    Yes, read the code, try to understand how it works, and think about what you can use for the other display.

I'll do my best to break apart the code and implement its parts into the current library I have. However, I'm sure I'll be asking many questions about it in the near future.

Which file should I look at to see where the FIFO is utilized?

ILI9341_t3.h - below "protected".
    But I'd look at the cpp file too, to understand how the code gets called.

You might also check to see if any of the drivers that was done by the member sumotoy would work: https://github.com/sumotoy

He also extracted the FIFO code from the ili9341_t3 library and applied it to several other drivers. However I have not seen any sign of him for a long while now (2-3 years) so if you run into issues with his libraries...