Teensy 2.0 B2 pin misfiring on a computer restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

haymakr

Hello! I hand wired a keyboard a while ago and used a Teensy 2.0 running TMK keyboard firmware. Everything works great with the board aside from when it is connected to my computer and I need to restart. When the computer restarts the keyboard starts up in a weird error mode where one of my columns of keys will be continually firing. This does not happen if I have the computer already running and then plug it in, then everything behaves normally.

The bad column is connected to the B2 pin on the teensy. I am a beginner when it comes to electronics so I am not sure what is happening. My assumption is that B2 is getting a power surge through the USB port whenever the computer restarts. I see on the pinout that B2 is also the MOSI port. Is that potentially what is causing the issue? Should I have not used that connection when I setup the keyboard?

I'm not sure if I asking the right questions or not but I am hoping someone here with more experience might have an idea of what is happening and give me a clue as to how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back