Remotely update firmware via ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimitre

Hello, I've been using OTA on ESP8266 to update about 50 devices at the same time.
Is there some similar library out there to update Teensy firmware via Ethernet?
Thank you

I don't know the answer to this, but I do want to know your method for updating 50 devices at one. Just starting to work on a project where I will use an esp8266 and updating all devices at once would be nice.

I use my computer as a server to distribute the firmware (fixed ip, something like 192.168.0.10/firmware.bin )
esps are ready to receive an udp command and that starts the update process (check ESP8266httpUpdate.h)

I have to export using the right flash size configuration (1mb in my case) and the firmware should be less than half the available size
so with some scripts I export the binary, update the server and send the udp packet.

the old ESPs update in 25 seconds, and the newer took about 1 minute to update and reboot.

Hello, I've been using OTA on ESP8266 to update about 50 devices at the same time.
Is there some similar library out there to update Teensy firmware via Ethernet?
Thank you

No, this is a pretty oft asked subject. I suggest searching the forums for similar questions regarding updating firmware over different protocols. The only supported method is via USB and any other approach will require you to write your own software to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back