Possible WS2812 Library conflict with USBMidi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite sure what you mean by "TEENSY_OPT_SMALLEST_CODE". That's not a name used anywhere in the code I've published. Maybe it's something specific to PlatformIO which I do not know?

Yes, I can confirm that this code snipped DOES NOT work with the Arduino IDE using Faster optimization & Serial + Midi setting.

I'll add this to my list of issues to investigate.

When you say "this code snipped", you mean the code on msg #3, right? Or should I look at some other code when I investigate this problem?

Not quite sure what you mean by "TEENSY_OPT_SMALLEST_CODE". That's not a name used anywhere in the code I've published. Maybe it's something specific to PlatformIO which I do not know?

In Arduino IDE it's named as "Smallest Code" which adds "-Os --specs=nano.specs" flags.

You can use any settings you like.

But if you wish to match the same defaults at Teensyduino, you'll need different defaults. Teensy 3.x defaults to "Faster", Teensy LC defaults to "Smallest Code". Later this year, Teensy 4.x is likely to have a different default.

This code should work with any of the settings. That is fails with a non-default setting is a bug. I will investigate and fix, but currently I'm busy with the beta test of new hardware, so it may not be a quick time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back